Monday, May 2, 2011

My Brush with Russian Fame... Sort Of

    So, today I walked into the study abroad office and, as usual, glanced briefly over the newspaper copies that they always have on a table near the front desk. I then grinned gleefully, grabbed a copy, folded it carefully and hurried it back to my room. The reason was this picture:

      
      This is a picture from a fairly important event that took place last Tuesday: Vladimir Putin's first visit to Denmark. Which, for someone like me who is interested in all things Russia-related, was pretty cool. But that's not the greatest thing about this picture.
                     Allow me to explain:






       Yep. When you go to school in a small country like Denmark, you may end up with a teacher who also happens to be the Russian interpreter for the Danish Prime Minister. My teacher actually told us that he was going to be translating for Putin when he came, but I had forgotten exactly when the visit was taking place, so seeing this in the newspaper was a fun surprise. And I can now say that I've met someone who has met Putin. Which I think is pretty darn cool.

      I'm working my way through the final batch of homework before finals, but you will get the rest of my pictures... sometime soon. Happy first of May (one day late)!

2 comments:

  1. soooo very exciting. I think you Russian blogs are sofar the most exciting. YOu have a real flare for writing about history

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mange tak! I have fun writing about history, so I'm glad that it's also fun for you to read.

    Today my teacher told me that Putin got to go to Tivoli during his visit. Not fair. I want to go.

    ReplyDelete